Dowds Group are pleased to announce that we have been shortlisted in both the ‘Contractor of the Year’ and ‘Electrical Installation of the Year’ categories of the 2015 NI Electrical Awards.
The awards were established to recognise and reward the achievements of those working in the province’s diverse electrical sector.
The ‘Contractor of the Year’ award is presented to the company that best demonstrates their solutions to overcoming challenging projects throughout 2014/15.
The Electrical Installation of the Year category is judged on how the contractor worked positively throughout a project to deliver high standards and meet strict deadlines – our shortlisted entries include:
- Phases 1 & 2 of the Finnebrogue Factory Extension & Refurbishment – Dowds Group were employed to complete the design and build of M&E services for Lynn Country Foods new state of the art food manufacturing facility at their plant in Finnebrogue, Down Business Park Downpatrick.
- Craigavon Area Hospital Framework – The latest phase in the framework involved an extensive refurbishment of existing theatres, the construction of 2 new theatres, as well as a new 22 bed recovery unit with isolation facility, new changing rooms and canteen facilities and a refurbishment of the Intensive Care Unit.
- Merseycare TIME – This complex design and build project involved the replacement of an existing site deemed old and unfit. The new modern, mental health in-patient facilities, offers 85 ensuite bedroom accommodation over Psychological ICU, Older Adult and Dementia wards, with 24hr access to safe outside space and activity/ therapy areas.
- Old See House – This project involved electrical services installation of a refurbished building to provide a mental health facility which brings together a consulting facility for outpatients, a day centre where patients are encouraged to engage in various forms of therapy and an eight bedroom short-stay residential section.
- Harris Sixth Form, Westminster – An internal refurbishment over three storeys of an existing building to provide accommodation for up to 600 pupils. The facilities include state of-the-art science labs, a library and study areas in addition to classrooms, music rooms, an art studio and seventh floor refectory
The final shortlist will be announced in August 2015.
For further details of the awards – please see: http://www.nielecmag.com/awards-info/awards2015