Why – Electrical Industries Charity (EIC)?
EIC support the electrical industry with well-being solutions to transform and rebuild the lives of people by offering support programmes for apprentices, employees and their families and pensioner support. This a charity that is held close to our hearts, especially after the support they provided for the family of a former Dowds Group employee who sadly passed in 2014.
Why – Macmillan Cancer Support?
Macmillan have millions of supporters, professionals, volunteers and campaigners who give support, energy and inspiration back to individuals and families of those who have battled cancer. With support services throughout the UK including centres close to our three offices in Ballymoney, Belfast & London, we have all experienced in some way the help Macmillan can provide – we would like to take the opportunity to give a little back for the help they have provided to so many of us.
Why – Aware NI?
It is in unfortunate fact that the construction industry suffers a higher incidence of mental illness than any other industry in the UK. As well as providing support services, AWARE deliver mental health and well being programmes into communities, schools, colleges, universities and workplaces. Dowds Group have worked with AWARE for a number a years, availing of their advice and guidance in the prevention and treatment of mental ill-health.
Why – The Boom Foundation?
The Boom Foundation is the only charity in NI supporting patients with Sarcoma. 50% of their money goes towards Sarcoma UK research and the other 50% goes directly to benefiting the patients – all their work is voluntary with no overheads. Our staff member, Carolyn McKiernan, experienced first hand the support and help The Boom Foundation offers and it is a charity Dowds Group would like to take the opportunity to give back for the support they provide to so many people.
We are seeking a Mechanical Contracts Manager based in North London. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the management of large-scale mechanical installation contracts.
The role will involve ensuring management and administration of the works are completed to the programme deadline and to a high standard ensuring a satisfied client and an acceptable profit margin for the Company.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Estimating Assistance – the ability to read drawings and extract all equipment for costing.
- Health & Safety – inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, tool box talks, monitoring & assist writing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan
- Procurement – monitoring stock of materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods
- Subcontractors – liaising with subcontractors, coordination of works, trouble-shooting
- Programme – monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to main contractor / client
- Quality – check sheets, inspection of quality of installation on site – ensuring they meet company standards
- Meetings – attend/provide input for progress meetings
- Testing – carrying out and/or signing off tests, overseeing other testing on site
- Commissioning – overseeing commissioning by specialists, ensuring there are no delays,
- O&M – production information for the manual & timely mark-up of ‘as installed drawings’, preparation of the building log book & operations guide
- Communication with the Divisional Manager is essential – supervision of the site and update reporting directly
- Communication – good communication / reporting with the Main Contractor
- Escalation of issues to Divisional Manager
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project team from client/end user through to maintenance team
- Conflict / Issue resolution
- Management of all Site Personnel
- Sharing lessons learned, flagging of recurring issues
- Liaising with the design team & answering queries
- Overseeing specialist installations – have/build on a brief knowledge of all mechanical systems & their operation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Contract Management
- Mechanical Qualification
- Good Mechanical Knowledge
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hour / weekends, as required
If interested, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for Applications is 29th January 2018.