We are seeking to recruit a focused, organised and experienced QS to join Dowds Group. Position will be based in Ballymoney and Belfast.
Dowds Group are a national mechanical, electrical and specialist construction company based in Northern Ireland, delivering quality installations to a diverse range of clients throughout the UK and Ireland. With continued growth, we are keen to take on new talent to help us expand our operations.
- Have contract awareness and mitigate on delays
- Total financial control of projects including valuations, preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works
- and cash flow forecasts.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation
- Working with the programmer to assess productivity and measured works
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Mechanical & Electrical experience would be ideal but not essential
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent
- Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focus
- The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
The closing date for Applications is 19th May 2019.