As part of Dowds continued expansion, we are seeking to appoint a Business Development Manager, with a track record in the construction sector and understanding of the sales process in securing M&E contracts.
The position is results driven with remuneration based on meeting agreed targets and KPI’s. The role will involve working in the London area for 3+ days per week on average and reporting to our Commercial Director.
The successful candidate must bring with them a detailed understanding of the sector drivers and challenges, along with the characteristics of the competition. We would expect this person to be aware and signpost the company to new and pending tender opportunities.
The leadership team expect this role to have input in improving our understanding of the supplier and trusted sub-contractor base in the region. Dowds Group are committed to providing the necessary support in this region to make it a success.
- To provide detailed market analysis and research on an on-going basis, that includes key decision makers, budget holders and influencers
- Create and manage target client’s using CRM
- Create a marketing, networking and events plan that underpins the business objectives in the region
- Build and lead relationships with targeted key clients
- Creation and maintenance of sales presentation material with the marketing department
- Create and manage the qualified lead pipeline and sales conversion process
- Meet enquiry and new business targets
- Contribute to successful tender submission and negotiation
- Provide regular, accurate and consistent reporting as required by the leadership group
- Lead and report on innovation trends in the sector
- Gather customer feedback throughout the business cycle and report on this to allow continual improvement.
- Building the Brand along with the leadership team
The ideal candidate profile:
- Min 5 years in a sales and business development role at a senior level
- Track record in winning and developing business
- Detailed knowledge of the construction sector
- A degree or similar qualification in construction or project management
- Demonstrate an understanding of the sales process from initial lead to successful negotiation
- Knowledge of the supply chain ecosystem, its player’s (suppliers / sub-contractors) and key drivers
- Gravitas and track record in sales and relationship building
- Confident and capable communicator, comfortable in a range of environments
- Use and understanding of a recognised CRM system
- Brings a network of existing relevant contacts
- Ambitious, driven and used to working to targets and deadlines
If interested please submit your CV to email@example.com – the closing date is Friday 30th August 2019.