We are seeking to recruit a focused, organised and experienced Electrical Bid Manager to join our commercial team. The Bid Manager will lead our commercial team through the design development process taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process.
- To oversee the commercial team during the design development phase of D&B projects.
- Work effectively with our design management, estimating and delivery teams using commercial expertise to provide appropriate challenge and support
- Delivering pre-construction services within financial constraints to meet Business Plan objectives
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- To develop and manage bids in line with an agreed project plan and to ensure all deadlines are met
- Ensure design strategy is in place, risk analysed & summarised
- Ensure all bids are subject to correct adjudication and governance procedures
- Monthly reporting on workflow forecasts & bid trend analysis information
- Monitor, update & produce approvals
- Ensure the bid team adheres to defined governance, correct adjudication & bid management processes & adequately hands over successful bids to delivery teams
- Develop, lead, manage & maintain a bid team to meet Business Unit objectives
- Defined bid experience & exposure to multi procurement & contract types
- People management, leadership and strong negotiation experience
- Demonstrable experience in a variety of forms of contract
- Computer literacy
- Ability to prioritise remain focused and work under pressure to deadline
- Ability to delegate and organise workloads of self and others
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships at all levels
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
If you are interested please send a copy of your CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post is Monday 25th September.