We are seeking a Mechanical Contracts Manager based in North & Central London. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the management of large-scale mechanical installation contracts.
The role will involve ensuring management and administration of the works are completed to the programme deadline and to a high standard ensuring a satisfied client and an acceptable profit margin for the Company.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Estimating Assistance – the ability to read drawings and extract all equipment for costing.
- Health & Safety – inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, tool box talks, monitoring & assist writing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan
- Procurement – monitoring stock of materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods
- Subcontractors – liaising with subcontractors, coordination of works, trouble-shooting
- Programme – monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to main contractor / client
- Quality – check sheets, inspection of quality of installation on site – ensuring they meet company standards
- Meetings – attend/provide input for progress meetings
- Testing – carrying out and/or signing off tests, overseeing other testing on site
- Commissioning – overseeing commissioning by specialists, ensuring there are no delays,
- O&M – production information for the manual & timely mark-up of ‘as installed drawings’, preparation of the building log book & operations guide
- Communication with the Divisional Manager is essential – supervision of the site and update reporting directly
- Communication – good communication / reporting with the Main Contractor
- Escalation of issues to Divisional Manager
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project team from client/end user through to maintenance team
- Conflict / Issue resolution
- Management of all Site Personnel
- Sharing lessons learned, flagging of recurring issues
- Liaising with the design team & answering queries
- Overseeing specialist installations – have/build on a brief knowledge of all mechanical systems & their operation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Contract Management
- Mechanical Qualification
- Good Mechanical Knowledge
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hour / weekends, as required
If interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Thursday 12th April, 2018.