We are seeking to recruit a qualified Electrical Contacts Supervisor to join our team.
The opening available is based in Northern Ireland. Candidates will be required to supervise the electrical services on site ensuring all management and administration of works are completed to the programme deadline and to the highest standard.
We have the people, experience and resources to complete the most complicated electrical & mechanical installations. We specialise in innovative and sustainable M&E services and our in-house expertise allows us to provide a complete, quality service at every stage, from design, construction and coordination, to installation and full commissioning. Our forward-thinking in-house design department utilise the latest technology including Revit, CADFAB & Sysque platforms.
- Effective daily management of the contract including daily / weekly allocation and supervision of key tasks in line with the Contract Programme.
- Oversee daily / weekly programming of the contract and organisation of appropriate plant, labour and materials to ensure cost effective utilisation of all resources.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the client, key suppliers and subcontractors.
- Effective progress monitoring of the contract to ensure it is running with programme and to budget, highlighting, recording and claiming where appropriate for delays, variations or problems.
- Assist in the development of valuations with client / suppliers on an agreed timescale to ensure effective cash flow management and accurate WIP.
- Ongoing liaison with key suppliers, Dowds buying team and contractors to ensure timely supply, delivery and installation of key items and base materials.
- Represent Dowds at Contract progress meetings.
- Preparation of contract progress information and cost review meetings for regular in-house meetings with Contract Manager, Dowds Directors and Senior staff.
- Assist in the management of subcontract costs, including authorisation of sub-contractor payments.
- Ensure a continued emphasis on Company management systems including promoting high standards of safety and quality with all employees and subcontractors on site.
- Review and regularly asses your contract team to ensure all site personnel, including subcontractors are working to a high standard and take remedial action if appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation and handover of operation / maintenance manuals to Clients.
- Ongoing mentoring and supervision of your contracts team to encourage commercial and technical development.
- Challenge conventional methods of practise in the interest of the Company, encouraging your team to be innovative.
- Regularly assess the performance of your team, highlighting and dealing with any issues including under performance or additional training requirements.
- Any other duties as deemed by the Contracts Manager to be within the scope of your skills
- NVQ/C&G Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years site supervision experience
- Supervision/mentoring of other operatives/apprentices
- Valid CSR Card
- IPAD 3a/3b
- PASMA Combined
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
The closing date for Applications is Friday 22nd March 2019.