We are seeking to recruit a focused and organised Electrical Design Manager/Trainee Design Manager to join our team to work alongside the Senior Design Management team. The post will be based between our offices in Ballymoney and Belfast.
The ideal candidate would be from a current installation or design role wishing to move to a contracting office/site-based role.
Assist the Electrical Design Managers in:
- Managing external consultants, main contractors and clients to develop MEP designs within budget and on time.
- Verification of external consultant’s design’s including detailed analysis of Amtec/Hevacomp (cable distribution) Dialux/Relux (Lighting calculations) and have the ability to carry out self-contained designs of same for development
- Verification of external Consultants design data including review of Revit models’ outputs in 3D and sectional views.
- Development of concept designs and management of key deliverables.
- Attendance and recording minutes at client and design team meetings.
- Preparation of excel spreadsheets and power point presentations.
- Develop new and existing business opportunities.
- Highlighted motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must have the ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Client facing attributes and presentation experience will be expected.
- Have a flexible attitude and be comfortable working on a number of projects simultaneously.
- HNC /HND in electrical engineering or equivalentOr
- 3rd Level Electrical Installation Apprenticeship (technical level)
- 5 years’ experience in an electrical engineering/installation role (including qualifying/apprenticeship).
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Desirable (not essential)
- Background knowledge in commercial, industrial, healthcare and/or education sectors with working knowledge of HTM, HBN and Building Bulletin standards preferred.
- Working knowledge of Dialux/Relux and Revit design software.
- Experience in delivering projects to BIM level 2.
The closing date for Applications is Friday 30th November 2018.