We are seeking to recruit a focused, organised and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join Dowds Group. The position will be based in Ballymoney and Belfast.
- Have contract awareness and mitigate on delays
- Total financial control of projects including valuations, preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works
- and cash flow forecasts.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation
- Working with the programmer to assess productivity and measured works
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Mechanical & Electrical experience would be ideal but not essential
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focus
- The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent
- Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven ‘can do’ attitude
If interested please submit your CV to email@example.com.