We are seeking to recruit a focused and organised trainee to join our mechanical estimating team.
If you are a plumber, who has had on-site experience and wants to take your career in a new direction, this position at Dowds Group will create this opportunity. This position is full-time permanent and will be based in our Head Office in Ballymoney.
Dowds Group are a national mechanical, electrical and specialist construction with offices in Ballymoney, Belfast and London. Delivering quality installations to a diverse range of clients throughout the UK and Ireland, with continued growth, we are keen to take on new talent to help us expand our operations.
- Prepare enquiries and analyse quotations.
- Review data and documents like analysis reports, purchase orders and also subcontracts.
- Prepare and update project estimates.
- File all relevant documentation such as receipts and purchase orders.
- Gather information to be used to produce the project estimate.
- Complete civil and/ or mechanical take offs from first principles.
- Review ITT Technical & Commercial documentation.
- Develop professional relationships with individuals within main contractors consulting engineers, quantity surveyors and client bodies.
- Seek out potential tender opportunities
- Undertake other general duties as required by the team.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within building services engineering
- Preference for time-served plumber (3-5 years site experience)
- Preference for estimating experience
- Ability to produce work of a consistently high quality to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work fast paced and use own initiative.
- A good eye for detail.
- Ability to take and follow instructions.
As a trainee you will be working toward taking on a portfolio of your own and we would expect you to eventually be able to work the full start to end process (which will include but not be limited to):
- Managing tender drawings/admin
- Managing tenders
- Produce accurate costs, and identify key risks and opportunities to enable effective tender settlements
- Complete elements of larger / more complex tenders working closely with senior staff
- Contribute positively to the successful mobilisation of secured contracts
- Maintain and create strong and positive working relationships with clients
We are looking for someone who is:
- Good communicator
- Strongly able and want to learn more about products and problems/solution
- Computer Literate
- Has a full UK driving licence
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
The closing date for Applications is Friday 15th March 2019.