We are seeking a Mechanical Contracts Manager for our Integrated Services Department. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the management of several concurrent medium-large contracts based in Northern Ireland and GB.
The role will involve ensuring management and administration of the works are completed to the programme deadline and to exceptionally high standards ensuring a satisfied client and continuing business.
This position is based in our Belfast office and is permanent full time however current circumstances will require a degree of working from home.
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Estimating Assistance – the ability to read drawings and extract all equipment for costing.
- Health & Safety – inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, toolbox talks, monitoring & assist writing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan
- Procurement – monitoring stock of materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods
- Subcontractors – liaising with subcontractors, coordination of works, troubleshooting
- Programme – monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to main contractor / client / Ops Manager / Director.
- Quality – check sheets, inspection of quality of installation on site – ensuring they meet company standards
- Meetings – attend/provide input for progress meetings
- Testing – carrying out and/or signing off tests, overseeing other testing on site
- Commissioning – overseeing commissioning by specialists, ensuring there are no delays,
- O&M – production information for the manual & timely mark-up of ‘as installed drawings’, preparation of the building logbook & operations guide
- Communication with the Operations Manager is essential – supervision of the site and update reporting directly
- Communication – good communication / reporting with the Main Contractor
- Escalation of issues to Operations Manager
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project team from client/end user through to maintenance team
- Conflict / Issue resolution
- Management of all Site Personnel
- Sharing lessons learned, flagging of recurring issues
- Liaising with the design team & answering queries
- Overseeing specialist installations – have/build on a brief knowledge of all mechanical systems & their operation
The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Contract Management
- Mechanical Qualification
- Good Mechanical Knowledge of Plumbing, Heating, Ventilation & AC systems
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hour / weekends, as required
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 26th June