We are seeking a Project Manager – Build Bias to join our team who will be based on site in the Downpatrick area.
Dowds Group are a national Mechanical, Electrical and Specialist Construction company with over 40 year’s experience delivering quality installations to a diverse range of clients throughout the UK and Ireland. We have offices in Ballymoney, Belfast and London, and due to continued growth, we are keen to take on new talent to help us expand our operations. The company are looking an experienced Project Manager who is capable of running projects independently from initial design, through to project completion. Competitive salary and package available.
The role of a Construction Project Manager will involve a variety of tasks including:
- Complete liaison with Project Director, Site Manager, Project QS and H&S Officer
- Manage multiple activities and projects at once
- Overseeing and ensuring all construction activities are on track to be completed to the required standards, in full, on budget and programme
- Managing the day to day operation from foundations to completion, and the critical paths for labour, materials and plant including material lead times.
- Driving through quality at every stage of the construction process
- Ensuring all H&S requirements are being adhered to on site (5-point PPE)
- Liaison with design team and client
- Taking responsibility for self-development and the development of others
- Preparing regular progress reports for project stakeholders
- Delegating tasks and responsibility throughout the site team
- Arranging and leading on regular team meetings
- Keeping up to date with any policy and legislation changes
- Undertaking site checks to monitor progress
- Dealing with matters arising from stakeholders such as environmental and local community issues
- Monitoring budget reports
Planning – From the outset, it is the responsibility of the Construction PM to plan the build process, this means producing relevant Programmes, identifying critical paths and understanding the timing of each stage. Following each phase of the project is essential to ensuring that the project is completed on time.
Resource Allocation – It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to understand what resources are required and when they need to be made available.
Staff Management – The Project Manager will be responsible for allocating tasks to relevant managers. It may mean identifying suitable contractors who can complete project work.
Setting Benchmarks – An integral aspect of the ongoing monitoring of a project is setting benchmarks to monitor progress.
Budget Management – The Project Manager is responsible for the financial planning and monitoring of the project, keeping the team informed of forecasts and changes and managing the scope meticulously.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Project / Contracts Manager on projects £3m +
- Excellent Construction & Technical knowledge
- Minimum HND / NVQ level 4 / Foundation Degree
- Programme management.
- Practical experience of contract delivery
- Excellent Communication, Negotiation and influencing Skills
- Passionate with drive and enthusiasm together with excellent commercial acumen
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work extended hours / weekends, and travel as required
- Good Computer Literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Hold CSR / CSCS Card, relevant Site Management Card and First Aid
- Full understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and regulation
- Relevant Construction Qualification
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- IPAF 3A/3B
- PASMA Combined
- Security Clearance
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Covering letter to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 31st January 2020