Business Improvement / Digitisation Manager
Friday, 15 April 2022
The Business Improvement / Digitisation Manager will be responsible for the integration, delivery, and enhancement of the technology stack, which includes both existing systems and seeking potential new integrations. Aligned to this, the role focusses on the underlying infrastructure and security and the provision of service management through oversight of practices, processes, systems, methodologies, and effective leadership of service teams.
The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility for the ongoing development and delivery of the corporate digital strategy. This involves shaping the companies approach to digital services, overseeing multiple complex projects across departmental and organisational boundaries, to deliver results focused service change through digital technologies. Integral to this is the development and implementation of effective communication and engagement strategies to ensure cross company buy-in, along with initiatives to deliver a digitally enabled and skilled organisational culture.
The postholder will have the lead responsibility for wider data analysis, insight and reporting, which is critical to service improvement and development. This will be used to both inform the digital strategy and aid effective decision making. Digital technology is also an essential element of the Medium Term Financial Strategy, in delivering service efficiencies and supporting commercial opportunities. The postholder will be responsible for delivering change, building business cases for investment to generate future efficiencies.
Following the initial project, the role will drive continuous improvement to ensure we continue to provide a best-in-class service to our customers, partners and colleagues through the development and support of our central infrastructure. This includes central business applications, data integration projects, networking, security, storage and hosting, disaster recovery, Active Directory, Microsoft Server and Microsoft Desktop products.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager/Managing Director
- Ensure that relevant services are effectively delivered in accordance with corporate and customer requirements.
- Lead the development and delivery, engaging internal and external partners, of the company’s Digital Strategy – identifying, exploring and evaluating opportunities and managing risk.
- Effectively project manage multiple relevant complex initiatives ensuring they are delivered within available resources and timescales, and effective engagement and skills transfer is undertaken with stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and monitor robust systems and processes to provide exploration and evaluation of new Digital Technologies and opportunities. Seeking best practice and innovation that will enhance and improve the company’s services.
- Through the effective use of appropriate technologies, engage and lead change with the company’s Business Units in redesigning process to deliver efficiencies, improve performance and deliver a positive customer experience.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the organisation on all aspects of digital technology.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with members, senior managers, partners and other stakeholders, providing effective support and advice.
- To provide reports as required to update Senior Management team on progress of the Digital Strategy and implementation. Where appropriate, seek management approval on key decisions.
- Develop and embed a performance culture that actively monitors and challenges performance through rigorous challenge and review to deliver continual improvement.
- Ensure effective financial management of resources in accordance with financial protocols and requirements. Contribute to and support the delivery of organisational savings, initiatives and efficiency requirements.
- Ensure that the company performs its duties in accordance with relevant statutory obligations and the principles of good governance.
- Provide effective leadership by inspiring individuals and teams, ensuring robust succession planning and building robust and measurable capacity throughout the organisation.
- Ensure digital skills are embedded throughout the organisation, underpinned by both formal and internal training and development.
- Promote and embed an organisational culture that embraces and maximises the use of technology
- Ability to advise on IT at a strategic level
- High degree of ownership in all matters within IT but not limited to
- Experience of IT management and delivery in a fast-paced environment, successfully implementing projects
- Management of third-party suppliers, including our core Policy Administration Systems, Communications Platform, Connectivity partner, Microsoft and ancillary partners
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and develop to deliver on complex tasks
- Proven track record of network infrastructure and central application management
- Exposure and understanding of business & application architecture and design; experience of working alongside application and database development teams
- Previous experience of budget management and cost control
- Experience in delivering operational service & support
- Strong risk management approach
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate and effectively influence at all levels of the business
- Experience of Cloud infrastructure would be beneficial.
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday, 1 June 2022