Buyer / Trainee Buyer
Wednesday, 10 August 2022
We are seeking a buyer/trainee buyer to join our team at Dowds Group. We are open to accepting entry level applicants with the opportunity to be mentored and develop in this role.
The post will be based in our Head Office in County Antrim. The successful candidate will have to undertake negotiation and administration in the purchasing of materials, plant, specialist s/c, labour and consultancy services on behalf of the Dowds Group.
Report to: Purchasing Manager
Company buying strategy
- Liaise with delivery teams in all matters laid out within the company buying strategy.
- Good communication skills, verbal communication at all times where possible internally and develop good working relationships and interfaces with all other company depts.
- Raise purchase orders through the purchasing software as set out in company IMS.
- Process purchase orders with specific T&C’s and contract conditions
- Collate and book in all delivery dockets / advise notes on system, ensuring delivery items match purchase order.
- Resolve any discrepancies with supplier and deal with any queries between site, suppliers and accounts.
- Organize and arrange any returns to suppliers, ensure credit note received and liaise with accounts department.
- Liaise closely in all matters re: management of returns with site supervisor teams
- Meet with suppliers to develop effective relationships for the benefit of Dowds Group.
- Ensure return / safe storage / re-use or ultimately the disposal of stocked material.
- Manage any stock overspill to temporary storage off site.
Additional Duties (as directed)
- Any other duties as deemed by your Manager to be within the scope of your skills.
- Excellent with numbers/processing information
- Good admin skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external bodies
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- Ability to work fast paced and on your own initiative
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to take and give instruction
- Experience in Sage200/Construct Extension
- Experience in the M&E sector
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday, 5 September 2022