Construction Contracts Manager
Monday, 22 August 2022
We are seeking a Construction Contracts Manager to join our team who will be based on site in the Ballymena area.
The role of a Construction Contracts Manager will involve a variety of tasks including:
- Contract Control – Full understanding of Conditions of Contract
- Estimating Assistance - The ability to read drawings & specifications and extract all information to allow accurate costing.
- Health & Safety - Inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, toolbox talks, preparing and issuing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan.
- Procurement - Preparing and issuing Technical Submissions in advance of major orders, monitoring of stock materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods when applicable.
- Subcontractors - Liaising with subcontractors & specialists, coordination of works, troubleshooting.
- Programme - Monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to Client / Operations Manager
- Quality - Ensuring that the highest standards are achieved and maintained, implementation and continued motoring of the company IMS systems.
- Meetings - Attend all required company / department meetings, prepare, and provide all necessary input for project /client progress meetings
- Construction Information - Preparation of all required information for the timely production of required manuals including the timely mark-up and production of all construction information.
- Communication - Strong communication skills are essential for the planning & delivery of projects, issuing reports or direct reporting to the Operations Manager as and when required, giving solid, relevant information, ensuring that strong communication is maintained with all members of the delivery team.
- Finance - Taking control of the project finance, ensuring betterment can be achieved wherever possible but never to the detriment of the project quality.
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project site team inclusive of client/end user through to maintenance team.
- Conflict / Issue resolution
- Professional & courteous management of all Site Personnel
- Sharing lessons learned, flagging of recurring issues, monitoring performance of suppliers, specialists, sub-contractors & company personnel.
- Liaising with the design team, consultants, clients and providing all the relevant information and answers.
- Overseeing - All aspects of H&S, procurement, and delivery
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Project / Contracts Manager on projects £3m +
- Excellent Construction & Technical knowledge
- Minimum HND / NVQ level 4 / Foundation Degree
- Programme management.
- Practical experience of contract delivery
- Excellent Communication, Negotiation and influencing Skills
- Passionate with drive and enthusiasm together with excellent commercial acumen
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work extended hours / weekends, and travel as required
- Good Computer Literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Hold CSR / CSCS Card, relevant Site Management Card and First Aid
- Full understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and regulation
- Relevant Construction Qualification
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- IPAF 3A/3B
- PASMA Combined
- Security Clearance
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday, 19 September 2022