Senior Quantity Surveyor (Construction)
Friday, 15 September 2023
Dowds Group are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our busy Construction Division.
This is a position where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress into a Managing Surveyor position within the Construction Division providing the required technical skills and competencies are consistently demonstrated.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Quantity Surveying Group Manager and Construction Divisional Manager.
The role of a Construction Quantity Surveyor will involve a variety of tasks including:
- The preparation, submission and agreement of Valuations, Variations, Dayworks and Final Accounts with the Client’s consultants.
- Sub-Contractor accounts including site measurement, Payment and Pay Less notices and the agreement of Final accounts.
- Procurement of Sub-Contractor packages and the preparation of the Sub-Contract documents.
- Supporting the site team in monitoring the progress of the works.
- Preparation and submission of contractual notices and / or correspondence to both the Client and Sub-Contractors
- Preparation of cash flows and monthly cost reports, including monitoring of expenditure.
- Attending progress and technical meetings.
- Assessing risk and working with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Liaising with the Quantity Surveying Manager in the review of contractual documentation.
- Working with the Client’s team in the preparation of budgets.
- Hold a recognised professional qualification.
- Have at least 5 years experience working for a Main Contractor.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the construction process and the trades involved.
- Be contractually aware and knowledgeable in the various forms of contract.
- Be computer literate.
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently and manage their time effectively.
- Be proactive in your approach.
- Have the communication skills and diplomacy necessary for dealing with clients.
- Have the ability to anticipate problems and have good problem solving skills.
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday, 19 October 2023