Construction Site Manager
Friday, 11 March 2022
We're seeking a Site Manager responsible for overseeing the daily running of Construction projects for our Construction Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of contracts throughout UK & ROI.
The role will involve ensuring the Health & Safety, site management and administration of the works are completed to the programme deadline and to a high-quality standard, ensuring a satisfied client and an acceptable profit margin for the Company.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Responsible for all Health & Safety on site and control and management of the same. Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy and in compliance with OHSAS 18001.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the project from project award, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client.
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring the project reaches a successful completion within the required time, budget, and quality constraints.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts / Project Manager on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
- Liaise with the Contracts / Project Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site, utilising the agreed agency list.
- Carry out toolbox briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
- Supervise, manage and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on-site.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
- Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
- Maintain close relations with the Contracts Manager and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations, and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Organise and chair weekly review meetings with site/sub-contractors’ team.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
- Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction related Site Management
- Valid CSR Card
- Relevant Construction Qualification
- Good Technical Knowledge
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hours / weekends, as required
- Experience of Supervision/mentoring of other operatives/apprentices
- Willingness to travel throughout UK & ROI
- Security Clearance will be required to be sought
- Clean Driver’s License
- Temporary Works coordinator
- IPAF 3A/3B
- PASMA Combined
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday, 25 April 2022