Site Manager (Construction)
Wednesday, 13 September 2023
We're seeking a Site Manager responsible for overseeing the daily running of projects for our Construction Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of medium-large scale contracts throughout UK & ROI.
Successful candidate will report to the Construction Manager
The role of a Construction Site Manager will involve a variety of tasks including:
- Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the project from the design stage, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client.
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Construction Project Manager on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
- Liaise with the Construction Project Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site utilising the agreed agency list.
- Carry out tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
- Supervise, manage and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on-site.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
- Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
- Maintain close relations with the Construction Manager and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Organise and chair weekly review meetings with site/sub-contractors team.
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy and in compliance with OHSAS 18001.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
- Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Site Management
- Relevant Construction Qualification
- Good Technical Knowledge
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hour / weekends, as required
- Experience of Supervision/mentoring of other operatives/apprentices
- Security Clearance will be required to be sought
- Valid CSR Card
- IPAF 3A/3B
- PASMA Combined
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday, 19 October 2023