Electrical Contracts Manager (Healthcare Bias)
Tuesday, 2 August 2022
We are seeking an Electrical Contracts Manager with significant
Healthcare experience to join our team. The successful candidate will initially
have responsibility for the management of a large contract healthcare contract based
The role will involve ensuring management and administration of the works are completed to the programme deadline and to a high standard ensuring a satisfied client and an acceptable profit margin for the Company.
This position is based in London and is full time fixed term for the duration of the project (2 years) with the option to become permanent. Salary will be dependent on experience and is negotiable.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Estimating Assistance - The ability to read drawings & specifications and extract all information to allow accurate costing.
- Health & Safety - Inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, toolbox talks, preparing and issuing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan.
- Procurement - Preparing and issuing Technical Submissions in advance of major orders, monitoring of stock materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods when applicable.
- Subcontractors - Liaising with subcontractors & specialists, coordination of works, troubleshooting.
- Programme - Monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to Main Contractor / Client / Operations Manager
- Quality - Ensuring that the highest standards are achieved and maintained, implementation and continued motoring of the company IMS systems.
- Meetings - Attend all required company / department meetings, prepare, and provide all necessary input for project /client progress meetings
- Verification / Testing – Responsibility for arranging and scheduling and the monitoring of all required commissioning / testing of equipment & systems within the contracts and ensuring that full records are obtained and retained for O&M competition.
- O&M - Preparation of all required information for the timely production of required manuals including the timely mark-up and production of ‘as installed drawings’, building logbooks, specialist information & full operational guides.
- Communication - Strong communication skills are essential for the planning & delivery of projects, issuing reports or direct reporting to the Operations Manager as and when required, giving solid, relevant information, ensuring that strong communication is maintained with all members of the delivery team.
- Finance - Taking control of the project finance, ensuring betterment can be achieved wherever possible but never to the detriment of the project quality.
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project site team inclusive of client/end user through to maintenance team.
- Conflict / Issue resolution
- Professional & courteous management of all Site Personnel
- Sharing lessons learned, flagging of recurring issues, monitoring performance of suppliers, specialists, sub-contractors & company personnel.
- Liaising with the design team, consultants, clients and providing all the relevant information and answers.
- Overseeing - All aspects of H&S, procurement, and delivery
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Contract Management of Healthcare Projects (essential)
- Electrical Qualifications
- Solid technical knowledge of Electrical systems
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- Team Player
- Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hour / weekends, as required
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday, 30 August 2022