Electrical Project Manager (Coventry)
Wednesday, 23 June 2021
We are seeking an Electrical Project Manager to join our busy Coventry University project team. This position will be based in Coventry and the role will involve reporting to the Electrical Contract Manager.
The role will involve assisting management in ensuring the works are completed to the programme deadline, to high quality standards and completed safely, on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise and revise programme to mitigate delays and liaise with main contractor and client to discuss programme.
- Procurement - monitoring stock materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods.
- Subcontractors – liaising with subcontractors, coordination of works, trouble-shooting.
- Programme - monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to main contractor / client.
- Quality - check sheets, inspection of quality installation on site – ensuring they meet company standards in compliance with the relevant regulations.
- Meetings – attend/provide input for progress meetings, attend client meetings, site meetings and subcontractor meetings where required and present information for internal and external meetings on the project.
- Logistics - Plan and monitor project logistics.
- Testing – oversee and verify electrical testing on site. Signing NICEIC certification.
- Commissioning - overseeing commissioning by specialists, ensuring there are no delays.
- O&M - production information for the manual & timely mark-up of ‘as installed drawings’, preparation of the building log book & operations guide.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years in Project Management
- Proficient skill level required with construction scheduling
- Relevant Degree or Electrical Qualifications
- Strong communication skills including writing reports and presenting
- Organisation, Time management and Planning
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong Problem solving
- Budget and financial management
- Work as part of a team and individually
- A site management background is beneficial
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday, 9 July 2021