Tuesday, 1 March 2022
In response to a strong pipeline of exciting energy projects across our public, commercial and industrial sectors Dowds Group is expanding its offer within the industry to encompass Energy Solutions.
The primary objective of our Energy Manager will be to assist the technical team in securing new and extending existing contracts, and thereafter to support the delivery of these contracts in conjunction with Dowds Group’s on-site FM & operations teams in the Northern Ireland & ROI regions.
Energy management activities will focus on the industrial utilities sector (steam, hot water compressed air, refrigeration, biomass systems, combined heat, and battery storage & power systems), and within the commercial/public sector buildings sector (lighting, HVAC, renewable energy, controls/BEMS, demand side energy management and metering). The role will require knowledge and experience in energy auditing, energy consumption forecasting and energy modelling through life cycle and capital cost / cost benefits analysis.
• A 3rd level Engineering/Building Services Degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent spreadsheet modelling, presentation and report writing skills
• ISO 50001 experience
• Chartered/Certified Energy Manager
• At least 5 years previous experience in an energy role
• Chartered Energy Manager (CEM)/Energy Engineer (CEE) or Certified Measurement & Verification Practitioner (CMVP) (Desirable)
• IPMVP (International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol)
• Chartered Engineer accreditation
• Mechanical or Electrical design experience
• Understanding of energy markets, policies, and support mechanisms
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in Norther Ireland.
If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Northern Ireland & ROI.
Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining green card permits, work permits, spousal/dependant permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday, 1 May 2022