Junior Mechanical Contracts Manager
Friday, 11 February 2022
We are seeking a Junior Mechanical Contracts Manager for our Integrated Services Department. This is an excellent development opportunity for a recent graduate or experienced mechanical engineer looking to progress their career in an expanding business. The successful candidate will assist in the management of several concurrent medium-large contracts based in Northern Ireland and UK.
The role will involve assisting in the management and administration of the works to ensure completion to programme deadline and the highest standards ensuring a satisfied client and an acceptable profit margin for the Company.
This position is based in our Belfast office and is permanent full time.
- Estimating Assistance – the ability to read drawings and extract all equipment for costing.
- Health & Safety - inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, tool box talks, monitoring & assist writing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan
- Procurement - monitoring stock of materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods
- Subcontractors – liaising with subcontractors, coordination of works, trouble-shooting
- Programme - monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to main contractor / client
- Quality - check sheets, inspection of quality of installation on site – ensuring they meet company standards
- Meetings – attend/provide input for progress meetings
- Testing - carrying out and/or signing off tests, overseeing other testing on site
- Commissioning - overseeing commissioning by specialists, ensuring there are no delays,
- O&M - production information for the manual & timely mark-up of ‘as installed drawings’, preparation of the building log book & operations guide
- Communication with the Operations Manager is essential – supervision of the site and update reporting directly
- Communication - good communication / reporting with the Main Contractor
- Escalation of issues to Operations Manager
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project team from client/end user through to maintenance team
- Conflict / Issue resolution
- Management of all Site Personnel
- Sharing lessons learned, flagging of recurring issues
- Liaising with the design team & answering queries
- Overseeing specialist installations - have/build on a brief knowledge of all mechanical systems & their operation
- Mechanical Qualification
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within building services
- Ability to produce work of a consistently high quality to tight deadlines.
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach and a good eye for detail.
- Ability to take and follow instructions.
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday, 19 April 2022