Junior Quantity Surveyor (FM)
Tuesday, 19 September 2023
To work as part of a dedicated team within several multi-site FM contracts across Northern Ireland. As part of this role the candidate will be responsible for financial billing and control of various types of works, from reactive and PPM works to small projects. Client Liaison is a major part of this role as daily communication, weekly meetings and site walk arounds are required to deliver the quality of service the client requires. A trustworthy, open, friendly, and dedicated person with a can-do attitude is essential for this role.
Job title does not delimit the duties that may be required, candidate will be expected to carry out any other such duties that may be reasonably required.
Hours will be a standard 40 hours over a 5-day period. On occasion the structure of these hours may need to vary to suit onsite requirements. You will be based in Ballymena and also expected to work from our sites in Antrim, Belfast & Lisburn.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- To lead on the financial responsibilities and duties for the individual FM Contracts delivering accounts as per the contract terms.
- Estimation utilising PSA Schedules
- Assisting Head of FM on PQQ’s & Full Tender submissions.
- Providing support to Project Managers / FM Managers to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, to budget and to achieve the highest levels of client satisfaction.
- Contribute to and attend financial, and progress meetings for the FM division and with our clients.
- Produce and send enquiries to sub-contractors inviting them to tender.
- Collect and compile quotations, liaising with Contract’s managers regarding price, proven history, and availability to complete the proposed work.
- Produce and process formal subcontract documents, certify interim payments agree final accounts with Sub Contractors.
- Produce BoQ‘s or activity schedules for payment purposes.
- Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes.
- Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts, liaising with FM QS and CM’s
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the FM Senior QS, ensuring information is complete and accurate.
Assisting the Managing QS with the financial responsibilities and duties for the department as required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a similar role/environment
- Extremely good communication skills and dedication
- Experience in working on several contracts with different financial approaches, such as schedule of rates, reactive and PPM works and project works.
- Have a Primary Bias in MEP, and the ability to also work with the other Bias’s on occasion.
- Access NI Clearance
- Training on MEP PSA Schedules would be beneficial but full training will be provided.
The candidate will have a strong work-based knowledge in an estimation, billing and financial management role, self-motivated, strong team working attributes, have the ability to analyse a problem and develop a solution to achieve the best possible outcome. A dynamic professional approach and high self-conduct standards will be expected at all times.
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday, 4 October 2023