M&E Commissioning Manager
Wednesday, 15 February 2023
We are seeking a Mechanical & Electrical Commissioning Manager to join our Building Services Division. The successful candidate will be required to provide support to the Operations team on several concurrent medium-large contracts based in Northern Ireland and England.
To provide strategic and tactical Building Services Commissioning Management support to the project team for the engineering process of a project from conception to completion primarily on medium/large scale projects.
The position is full time permanent and be based in Northern Ireland. Salary will be dependent on experience and is negotiable.
Reporting to the Operations Manager / Director, the successful candidate will have the following duties (not exclusive):
- As Commissioning Manager, you will manage and drive the M&E commissioning process, leading the project team completing on-site functional testing. To succeed in this role, it is important you have experience in highly technical buildings, good communication, and people skills, be resourceful, and operate well under pressure.
- Assess design drawings and specifications to complete commissionability reviews.
- Develop commissioning programmes and provide regular updates on progress.
- Review and assist contractors / sub-contractors in the development of all project-related QA/QC documentation, providing technical input to the formal change control processes.
- Review commissioning RAMS prior to commissioning activities commencing.
- Manage commissioning procedures, regularly reporting on progress when required.
- Review and validate commissioning data against design parameters implementing any mitigation or recovery plans.
- Hold commissioning meetings with sub-contractors, main contractors and clients.
- Create and manage handover commissioning checklists.
- Along with the contracts management teams, ensure that all plant/systems have been fully commissioned/inspected in line with contract specifications.
- Ensure that commissioning defects are communicated properly and closed out.
- Review all appropriate commissioning handover documentation prior to handover.
- Coordinate end user witnessing and training.
- Comment on O&M manuals produced by the contractor.
- Engage with other members of the company to help improve existing systems and procedures.
- Have detailed technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical and/or building control systems.
- Hold recognised qualifications or relevant experience.
- Excellent IT, planning, and reporting skills are essential.
- Management of a team and the ability to review design drawings, specifications and technical submittals in order to produce commissionability reviews, together with client liaison.
- Good communication skills with all parties, including client team.
- Strong use of Microsoft suite of software.
- Ability to develop good, positive relationships with all parties involved in the commissioning delivery process.
- Proven management and mentoring of people / motivational skills.
- Proven management of situations – organisational aspects
- Be able to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Membership of the CSA would be advantageous but not a requirement.
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday, 14 April 2023