Mechanical Estimator (London)
Wednesday, 2 June 2021
We are seeking to recruit a focused, organised, and experienced Mechanical Estimator to join our estimating team and will be based in London.
TENDER ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT:
- Log all tender enquiries and open electronic and paper tender files.
- Review and print all appropriate documentation (drawings, specifications, prelims, client enquiries, forms of contract, bid submission documentation, programme etc).
- Identify named suppliers and select appropriate alternative suppliers for tender.
- Quantification of labour, materials and plant, based on take-offs (counting and measuring) from drawings, detailed review of specifications and other tender documentation.
- Prepare and send bid packages for suppliers to price including strict dates for return.
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure tender prices are received by agreed deadlines
- Input all information on the Estimation software throughout the process
- Identify inclusions and exclusions from our bid.
- Liaise with Dowds key Design and Contract Management team at start of tender process to determine a methodology for contract completion incorporating value engineering and appropriate new technologies.
- Determine a programme and timetable for completion of tender in line with Company procedures and tender deadline.
- Develop professional relationships with individuals within main contractors consulting engineers, quantity surveyors and client bodies.
- Seek out potential tender opportunities
- Challenge conventional methods of practice in the interest of the Company, demonstrating you are innovative, commercial and pro-active in delivering Company profit.
- Any other duties as deemed by the Estimating Director to be within the scope of your skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within building services industry
- Experience in MEP tender values of £5M - £15M.
- Experience in commercial, residential and education projects. (Healthcare experience would be an added benefit but not essential)
- Ability to produce work of a consistently high quality to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with the internal management of the company from Graduate to Director Level.
- Ability to work fast paced and unassisted.
- Ability to take and follow instructions.
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday, 16 June 2021