Mechanical Site Supervisor
Friday, 19 August 2022
We are seeking a qualified Mechanical Contracts Supervisor to join our busy Building Services Division. The opening available is based in Northern Ireland initially. Candidates will be required to supervise the mechanical services on site. They must ensure all management and administration of works are completed to the program deadline and to a high standard ensuring a satisfied client.
- Effective daily management of the contract including daily / weekly allocation and supervision of key tasks in line with the Contract Programme.
- Oversee daily / weekly programming of the contract and organisation of appropriate plant, labour and materials to ensure cost effective utilisation of all resources.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the client, key suppliers and subcontractors.
- Effective progress monitoring of the contract to ensure it is running with programme and to budget, highlighting, recording and claiming where appropriate for delays, variations or problems.
- Assist in the development of valuations with client / suppliers on an agreed timescale to ensure effective cash flow management and accurate WIP.
- Ongoing liaison with key suppliers, Dowds buying team and contractors to ensure timely supply, delivery and installation of key items and base materials.
- Represent Dowds at Contract progress meetings.
- Preparation of contract progress information and cost review meetings for regular in-house meetings with Contract Manager, Dowds Directors and Senior staff.
- Assist in the management of subcontract costs, including authorisation of sub-contractor payments.
- Ensure a continued emphasis on Company management systems including promoting high standards of safety and quality with all employees and subcontractors on site.
- Review and regularly asses your contract team to ensure all site personnel, including subcontractors are working to a high standard and take remedial action if appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation and handover of operation / maintenance manuals to Clients.
- Ongoing mentoring and supervision of your contracts team to encourage commercial and technical development.
- Work away from home, managing projects as dictated by management.
- Challenge conventional methods of practise in the interest of the Company, encouraging your team to be innovative.
- Regularly assess the performance of your team, highlighting and dealing with any issues including under performance or additional training requirements.
- Any other duties as deemed by the Contracts Manager to be within the scope of your skills
- NVQ/C&G Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years site supervision experience
- Supervision/mentoring of other operatives/apprentices
- Valid CSR Card
- IPAD 3a/3b
- PASMA Combined
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday, 16 September 2022