Operations Manager (Construction)
Friday, 1 July 2022
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Construction Operations Manager to join the Dowds team. The essential requirement is to be a good Communicator with extensive Construction experience in the role with excellent People Management skills, Computer and time management skills. A proven awareness of industry best practice and Health & Safety legislation is essential. Critical to success in the role is strong attention to detail, project delivery on time and to budget, resource capacity planning and excellent client interfacing and relationship skills.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for the total day to day operations of all the Northern Ireland and UK contracts.
- The manager will be visionary, strategic, collaborative, and an articulate leader who can inspire a diverse workforce by motivating staff and developing the team's commitment to excellent customer care.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for development, implementation, management and on-going review and activities which support the Construction Unit and the company as a whole.
- Reporting to the Construction HOD, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining and influencing client relationships at all organisational levels through the provision of strategic advice and exceptional service.
- The successful candidate will operate within budget constraints and will develop measures to deliver each contract efficiently and provide value for money, whilst ensuring performance indicators are met and exceeded.
- Have a strong understanding of NEC & JCT contracts.
- Health and Safety (planning and on site) Ensure the relevant safety management system has been employed, that it is kept up to date and the team have been adequately trained.
- Resource and Capacity planning
- Contract completions (on time and to budget)
- Contract quality meets client requirements
- Ensure contracts are executed in line with all contractual requirements
- Financial planning and reporting on all projects, contribute to budget planning & delivery
- Managing CM and Supervisory team
- Staff training and development
- Undertake the Role of Temporary Works Coordinator
- Ensure full compliance with all aspects of the Temporary works processes.
- Be responsible to the Construction HOD for delivering all aspects of the project in accordance with the plan.
- Utilise the skills and knowledge of all team members encourage an environment of continuous improvement.
- Maintain excellent communications with the Project Engineers on technical issues and the Contracts Managers on all issues.
- Continuously engage with the Client to ensure the project is being completed as required.
- Provide assurance and updates to the Construction HOD, deal with issues, disputes and ensure handover is well done.
- Ensure that all relevant project correspondences and contractual notices are written and sent to all relevant parties.
- Arrange, chair and lead all Project start up meetings prior to works commencing on site.
- Use own personal experience and technical/professional knowledge to give advice and direction to others in the delivery of Projects.
- Ensure End of Project Review and Lessons Learnt are carried out.
- Generate new business opportunities in conjunction with Pre-construction Manager.
- Attend events to network and create leads / interest in Dowds Group’s services
- Ensure good relationships are maintained with key clients / suppliers
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday, 30 August 2022