Pre-Construction Manager (Construction)
Friday, 20 October 2023
We're seeking a Pre-Construction Manger to join our busy Construction division. The role will involved taking overall responsibility for work winning and Preconstruction commercial activities for Dowds Construction, including implementation of strategy, and the management, motivation, and direction of the Pre-Construction team.
Reports to: Business Unit Manager / Senior Leadership Team (Group Commercial Director)
- The candidate will be responsible for the sales process of developing an opportunity pipeline to meet strategy which is then converted into work winning to meet targets for new & existing clients / turnover / margin / sector / location /value bands.
- The candidate will lead the Dowds team through the Preconstruction phase before handing over to the Operational team for construction delivery
- They will be visionary, strategic, collaborative, and an articulate leader who can inspire a diverse workforce by motivating staff and developing the team's commitment to excellent customer care.
- The candidate will be responsible for development, implementation, management and on-going review and activities which support the Construction Unit and the wider company.
- Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and influencing client relationships at all organisational levels through the provision of strategic advice and exceptional service.
- The candidate will operate within budget constraints and will develop measures to deliver each contract efficiently and provide value for money, whilst ensuring performance indicators are met and exceeded.
- Develop relationships with key industry players / clients to build the brand
- Build an opportunity pipeline to ensure ability to meet project targets
- Agree deliverables with clients
- Develop preconstruction programmes to meet the required milestones.
- Manage risk and opportunity
- Ensure statutory and advisory compliances
- Engage with supply chain
- Pre-con tender and 1st stage procurement tracker
- Build cost plans when required
- Development of PCSA and prelim costs.
- Cost management
- Agree bid strategy
- Client negotiation
- Value engineering
- Driving profit through the design process
- Regular reporting on Preconstruction cost, risk & opportunity, programme, client relationship and team performance and capacity
- Relevant third level qualification preferred (Quantity Surveying, Construction Management)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience post qualification
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday, 20 November 2023