Tuesday, 19 September 2023
directly to the SHEQ (H&S, Environment and Quality) Manager and working in
conjunction with the Quality Manager and Operational Management teams, the post
holder will be responsible for actively promoting Health, Safety, Environmental
and Quality compliance and delivering quality support to the business including
maintenance of the company’s integrated management system (IMS).
- Managing the administration function within the HSEQ department and provide support where required.
- Support and assist with the maintenance of the company’s management systems and ISO accreditations.
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of company health and safety policies, procedures, risk assessment and safe work practices.
- On-boarding of new employees/sub-contractors/suppliers and assist with communicating relevant HSEQ information, requirements, and other company information.
- Contribute to the induction process and pre-mobilisation briefs.
- Preparation of HSEQ documentation, distribution of literature and other materials pertinent to HSEQ matters.
- Record and review all accidents and near misses to ensure they are documented and reported in line with requirements.
- Monitoring and prioritising incoming HSEQ actions and requests.
- Maintain a Training Matrix, carry out gap analysis and organise training as required to ensure all training remains valid.
- Manage Personal Protective Equipment, place orders, replenish stock and issue items.
- Accurate collation of statistical information, maintenance of records and ability to extrapolate information for reporting to department and Business Unit Management
- Help to promote a positive H&S culture throughout the business, setting a good example to others.
- Collation of HSEQ information for PQQs / Bid.
- Assist with undertaking audits and inspections, record findings, follow up ensuring actions or non-conformities are completed within designated timescales.
- Assist and support Directors, Management and Supervision in the execution of their duties.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a SHEQ environment
- Can demonstrate previous experience of maintaining and internal auditing of management systems accredited to ISO standards (specifically ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001)
- NEBOSH certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (construction preferred)
- Current driving licence
- Highly motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must have the ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Strong IT skills – including proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Construction or Building Services experience
- NEBOSH Environment Certificate
- Internal Auditor training
- Experienced in SHEQ software/digitised construction systems
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday, 19 October 2023