Thursday, 27 October 2022
We are seeking a store person to join our team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for providing support to Contracts Managers and Contracts Supervisors across all projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent administration and organisation skills as well as being team player.
Report to: Purchasing & Fleet Manager
The successful candidate will have the following duties (not exclusive) to:
- To receive and record the deliveries of all goods and if necessary be responsible for dealing with carriers over discrepancies between orders and goods delivered.
- To ensure that all stores are maintained in a clean and orderly condition including a rotation of goods, movement of stock etc.
- Check stock levels in the stores and advise the respective departments on availability of goods.
- Monitoring material levels and showing a general concern for material levels and safe, clean and dry storage.
- Manual transit of materials to and from vans and within store.
- Ensuring deliveries are checked and signed off correctly.
- Travel to and from site will be required in company van.
- Work without supervision in the most efficient and economical manner
- Maintain Health & Safety as your number 1 priority:
- Challenge any unsafe actions and highlight to relevant management.
- Use the appropriate plant & tools and adhere to 5-point PPE
- Repair of incoming plant and equipment or the organising of repair if required.
- Assisting Fleet Manager with company vehicles
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Full clean driving license
- Forklift License
- Computer Literate including Microsoft packages
- Ability to undertake a physically demanding role
- Trailer license
- Basic knowledge/understanding of vehicles
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday, 19 December 2022