We are seeking to recruit a focused and organised Junior Estimator (Mechanical bias) to join our estimating team within our busy Integrated Services Division.
- Prepare enquiries and analyse quotations.
- Review data and documents like analysis reports, purchase orders and also subcontracts.
- Prepare and update project estimates.
- File all relevant documentation such as receipts and purchase orders.
- Gather information to be used to produce the project estimate.
- Complete civil and/ or mechanical take offs from first principles.
- Review ITT Technical & Commercial documentation.
- Develop professional relationships with individuals within main contractors consulting engineers, quantity surveyors and client bodies.
- Seek out potential tender opportunities
- Undertake other general duties as required by the team.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within building services engineering
- Preference for estimating experience
- Ability to produce work of a consistently high quality to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work fast paced and use own initiative.
- A good eye for detail.
- Ability to take and follow instructions.
As a junior you will be working toward taking on a portfolio of your own and we would expect you to eventually be able to work the full start to end process (which will include but not be limited to):
- Managing tender drawings/admin
- Managing tenders
- Produce accurate costs, and identify key risks and opportunities to enable effective tender settlements
- Complete elements of larger / more complex tenders working closely with senior staff
- Contribute positively to the successful mobilisation of secured contracts
- Maintain and create strong and positive working relationships with clients
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Covering letter to email@example.com.