We are seeking to appoint an experienced Financial Accountant who can support the development and delivery of robust finance systems and controls.
The preferred candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to build robust accounting and cost control processes, and be an active member of the operational delivery team reporting to the Finance Manager/Company Secretary.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts from trial balance and variance analysis reporting
- Creating and maintaining cost centre budgets and controls
- Complete monthly detailed balance sheet reconciliation and full control account reviews
- Oversee the month-end close and complete monthly balance sheet reconciliation, including key control account reconciliations (e.g. Sales, Bank, Purchase, VAT, Payroll).
- Oversee all nominal ledger journals, including validation of all postings with backup reconciliations where required.
- Oversee the Procure to Pay process, proactively contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the workstream, including processes & controls and reporting requirements.
- Oversee bank reconciliations and supplier payment process.
- Ensuring accuracy from Sage and data collection systems
- Preparation of draft annual statutory account
- Provide mentoring and support to other finance team members and help assist as necessary in other aspects of the finance functions (purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll).
- Education: Degree and qualified accountancy certification (e.g. CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience – minimum 3 years in a senior role
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal organizational and communication skills.
- Analytical approach to decision making
- Possess the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Ability to use initiative
- Ideally have some industry experience in Construction or in Project Accounting
- Sage 200 or similar package experience
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
Closing Date: Tuesday 24th March
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org