We are seeking a Junior Electrical Contract Manager to join our team who will be based on our Ulster University, Belfast contract.
The basis of this role will involve ensuring management and administration of the works are completed to the programme deadline and to a high standard ensuring a satisfied client and an acceptable profit margin for the company.
Reporting to the Electrical Contract Manager, the successful candidate will have the following duties:
- Health & Safety – inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, toolbox talks, monitoring & assist writing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan
- Procurement – monitoring stock of materials, assist site supervisor timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods
- Subcontractors – liaising with subcontractors, coordination of works, trouble-shooting
- Programme – monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to main contractor / client
- Quality – check sheets, inspection of quality of installation on site – ensuring they meet company standards
- Meetings – attend/provide input for progress meeting
- Testing – carrying out and/or signing off tests, overseeing other testing on site
- Commissioning – overseeing commissioning by specialists, ensuring there are no delays,
- O&M – production information for the manual & timely mark-up of ‘as installed drawings’, preparation of the building logbook & operations guide
- Communication with the Contract Manager is essential – supervision of the site and update reporting directly to the CM
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project team from client/end user through to maintenance team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within electrical building services
- Ability to produce work of a consistently high quality to tight deadlines.
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- A Proactive Approach and a good eye for detail.
- Ability to take and follow instructions.
Dowds Group are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Covering letter to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 6th December 2019