Dowds Group are seeking a Store Person with electrical bias to join our team for our Ulster University project in the Belfast. Working directly to the Electrical Site Supervisor and Contract Manager you will act as the Site Store Person providing all support where required.
This is a busy role in a construction site environment, ideal candidates will need to have excellent administration and organisation skills and be a team player.
The successful candidate will be responsible for –
- To receive and record the deliveries of all goods and if necessary be responsible for dealing with carriers over discrepancies between orders and goods delivered.
- To ensure that all stores are maintained in a clean and orderly condition including a rotation of goods, movement of stock etc.
- Check stock levels in the stores and advise the respective departments on availability of goods.
- Monitoring material levels and showing a general concern for material levels and safe, clean and dry storage.
- Ensuring deliveries are checked and signed off correctly.
- Work without supervision in the most efficient and economical manner
- Maintain Health & Safety as your number 1 priority:
- Challenge any unsafe actions on site and highlight any main contractor issues
- Use the appropriate plant & tools and adhere to 5-point PPE
The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role.
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills –
- Strong general knowledge of all electrical systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player.
- CSR card would be advantageous.
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 16th October 2020