Electrical Contracts Supervisor
Monday, 5 September 2022
We are seeking to recruit an Electrical Contracts Supervisor to join our busy Building Services Division. The opening available is for a project initially in Birmingham so would suit someone from the area or someone from Northern Ireland open to travelling. Candidates will be required to supervise the electrical services on site.
- Effective daily management of the contract including daily / weekly allocation and supervision of key tasks in line with the Contract Programme.
- Oversee daily / weekly programming of the contract and organisation of appropriate plant, labour and materials to ensure cost effective utilisation of all resources.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the client, key suppliers and subcontractors.
- Effective progress monitoring of the contract to ensure it is running with programme and to budget, highlighting, recording and claiming where appropriate for delays, variations or problems.
- Ongoing liaison with key suppliers, Dowds buying team and contractors to ensure timely supply, delivery and installation of key items and base materials.
- Represent Dowds at Contract progress meetings.
- Preparation of contract progress information for regular in-house meetings.
- Assist in the management of subcontract costs, including authorisation of sub-contractor payments.
- Ensure a continued emphasis on Company management systems including promoting high standards of safety and quality with all employees and subcontractors on site.
- Review and regularly asses your contract team to ensure all site personnel, including subcontractors are working to a high standard and take remedial action if appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation and handover of operation / maintenance manuals to Clients.
- Ongoing mentoring and supervision of your contracts team to encourage commercial and technical development.
- Work away from home, managing projects as required.
- Challenge conventional methods of practise in the interest of the company, encouraging your team to be innovative.
- Regularly assess the performance of your team, highlighting and dealing with any issues including under performance or additional training requirements.
- Any other duties as deemed by the Contracts Manager to be within the scope of your skill
- NVQ/C&G Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years site supervision experience
- Supervision/mentoring of other operatives/apprentices
- Valid CSR Card
- IPAD 3a/3b
- PASMA Combined
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday, 13 February 2023