Electrical Design Manager
Wednesday, 12 October 2022
We are seeking to recruit a focused, organised and experienced Electrical (Building Services) Design Manager to join our team. The post will be based between London and Belfast.
- Manage external consultants, main contractors and clients to develop MEP designs within budget and on time
- Verification of external consultants design’s including detailed analysis of IES, Revit, Amtec and Hevacomp output data.
- Ensuring designs are delivered in accordance with BG 2, BG3, BG 4 and BG 6 suite of documents
- Development of concept designs and management of key deliverables.
- Attendance of client and design team meetings.
- Technical assistance through project duration from concept to completion
- Preparation of excel spreadsheets and power point presentations.
- Develop new and existing business opportunities.
- Agree sub-consultants scope of works, BG6 and DRM roles and responsibilities
- HNC/HND or Level 3 or 4 to a technician level (post trade apprenticeship) in a Building Services Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Membership of CIBSE / IHEEM /IET (or similar professional body) preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of design principles and use of IES (Mech) and Revit design software preferred but not essential
- Highlighted motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Willingness to travel (not every day but as required)
- Must have the ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Able to carry out elements of design to assist internal departments for tender and procurement.
- Knowledge of delivering projects to RBIA/BSRIA Stages of work from concept to completion.
- Ability to read and technically review Drawings and Specifications to help support across all departments from tender to delivery and completion.
- Commercial and programme awareness
- Have a flexible attitude and be comfortable working on a number of projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of codes of practice (CIBSE/BSRIA/HTMs), British Standards,18th Edition (Elec), CDM, BREEAM and Building Regulations
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday, 19 December 2022