Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor (London)
Tuesday, 12 September 2023
We are seeking to recruit a M&E Quantity Surveyor for our projects in London. The role will be based in Dowds’ London Kings Cross office with site attendance/working as required.
Reports to: Managing Quantity Surveyor
The successful candidate will be responsible for –
- The management and preparation, submission and agreement of Interim Applications and Final Accounts.
- The management of Sub-Contractor Interim Payments including site measure, Payment and Pay Less Notices and Final Accounts.
- Liaise with the Contracts Managers in the procurement of Sub-Contractor packages including financial checks, assessing commercial competitiveness and the preparation of the Sub-Contract documents.
- Supporting the monitoring of the progress of the Works.
- The preparation and submission of contractual notices and /or correspondence to both the Client and Sub-Contractors.
- Preparation of cash flows, monthly cost reports and analysis of budgets.
- The monitoring of costs, in particular, labour expenditure.
The description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
- Have detailed M&E technical knowledge and an understanding of the construction process.
- Be contractually aware and knowledgeable.
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Be computer literate.
- Have the communication skills necessary for dealing with both clients and sub-contractors.
- Be able to work independently and manage their time effectively.
We are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday, 12 September 2023